An average of 8 hours/week, anticipated 48 Sundays/year, $25/hour.
To catalyze glorious worship of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit through musical leadership of our congregation and praise team.
We are a small non-denominational church in Henrietta, a suburb of Rochester, New York that is grounded in Scripture and orthodox theology (see our Statement of Faith). We have recently called a new pastor and are prioritizing the development of a deep-impact Sunday worship experience.
Our worship uses primarily contemporary music but also uses a small corpus of classic hymns. We also welcome music that encourages movement such as gospel and are open to exploring other forms of music. We encourage expressions of praise and joy in the Lord such as clapping to the beat and speaking praise aloud. Our current praise team consists of a keyboard player, acoustic guitarist, and several harmonizing vocalists, although not all members of the team are available on the same Sunday.
1. Together with the Pastor, plan, implement, and evaluate worship that brings honor to Jesus Christ and enables the congregation to encounter him in corporate praise. Select music for Sunday service according to the theme for the day.
2. Encourage growth in worshippers' capacity for a fully biblical range of worship expression.
3. Lead and further develop our praise team for aesthetically pleasing and spiritually powerful worship. This includes leading a mid-week rehearsal and a short Sunday morning rehearsal.
4. Provide musical leadership for special occasions such as Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, and occasional church retreats or prayer services.
5. Oversee operation of the church's worship ministry including recruiting and scheduling volunteers and submitting an annual budget.
Vibrant and growing Christian faith; moral grounding according to the pattern of 1 Timothy 3:1-7; interpersonal grace in ministry relationships with others.
Vocal and instrumental leadership through guitar (preferred) or keyboard; ability to guide a congregation into Spirit-led worship; knowledge of Christian music, including hymnody, gospel, and especially contemporary; ability to build the ministry capacity of a small band and vocal ensemble; proficiency in basic sound engineering and worship software.
Contact Pastor Fritz Longabaugh at email@example.com to apply.