Rochester Family Mission
The Rochester Family Mission is a Christian-based organization that since 1927 has been helping needy people who live in the inner-city of Rochester, regardless of their age, race, or religion.
Their Mission is Embrace Encourage Empower Elevate. Their Vision is to share the love of Christ, with those who need it the most.
Rochester Family Mission works to help families become more independent through education, health, and social service.
Rochester Family Mission Programs
- The â€œI Can Kidsâ€ tutoring program provides one-on-one homework assistance to students in grades K-12.
- The â€œI Can Adultsâ€ tutoring program provides assistance with litera- cy and preparation for the G.E.D.
- The Rochester Institute of Christian Education (R.I.C.E.) program
- The Food Pantry is open Monday through Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm.
- RFMission has actively engaged in the fight against hunger. Their focus is to help individuals and families facing a hardship and are unable to provide food for themselves and their family.
- This program operates Mondays from 10:00am-12:00pm and Wednesdays 5:30pm-7:00pm.
- Clients are given fresh breads, fruits, and vegetables that come from Wegmans and BJâ€™s. Occasionally, area churches donate non-perishable items.
- The Soup Kitchen provides hot nutritious meals for individuals and families on Wednesday nights, from 5:30pm-7:00pm. There is an optional Bible study before the meals are served.
- Volunteers play an essential role. They set up the tables, assist with meal preparation, serve food, and help with clean-up. This service could not be provided without the help of our volunteers. Please, consider joining our team.
Community Bible Study
- On Mondays from 10:30-11:30am, bible study is taught by Pastor Marvin Robinson (Mission Door).
- On Wednesdays from 5:30-6:30pm, worship is led by Dave and Lee- Ann Dunn (Roberts Wesleyan College â€œIn Jesus Nameâ€) and bible study is taught by Ken Odell (Pittsford Community Church).
For More Information:
Visit RFMissionâ€™s website: www.rfmission.org
Check them out on Facebook: Rochester Family Mission